Thursday, June 12, 2014

You Colour My World!

Good day, bloggeritas! Dance season has just finished up and we are returned from our summer vacation in Walt Disney World, so I wanted to share with you a few designs I created for Two Scrapbook Friends with SIMPLE STORIES Summer Paradise.

My first of a few designs features our newest family member, Remy. Many of you will recall my sadness over the loss of my Bo-Bo and Remy has done lots to help our family heal. He is a WILD doggy and I understand this is a sign of great intelligence! But whatever the reason behind it, he keeps me on my toes and fills my days with laughter. I had hoped this design would help me to remember this stage of his life where his exuberance often out weighs his commonsense!

The plain white background allows for contrast between the bright colour palette and the sharp black accents. The wavy part in the middle is actually set into the two white halves of the design and framed by the black/washi border.
I added the black afterwards..can you tell? and the journalling is on an old stamp. My kids tell me they truly appreciate my handwriting o their pages so I am trying to do more.
Finally, I really tried to draw attention to my witty (yes, I am awesome), title ad play on words. The colourful letters are cut from old scraps that closely matched the palette of the Summer Paradise line.

I hope you enjoyed this design and my selfie + dog photo! There may be more.....

Until next time, keep doing what you love!

4 comments:

  1. Remy is adorable! Cute pic on this wonderful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. clever band of colour on your happy page

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this layout! It is so bright and colourful and such a brilliant use of washi tape!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This layout affects my heart! I have been lonely lately, missing my pets so much. I just rescued an 8 year old tabby cat from a horrible situation. She is so affectionate and cuddly and I love her to bits. I am not lonely anymore. I can hardly wait to get home to see her! I would love to scraplift this layout and apply it to her.

    ReplyDelete