Monday, October 28, 2013

I Love To See You Smile

This weekend I was lucky enough to be invited to a Scrapbooking Retreat in Grand Bend, Ontario with my favourite LSS Two Scrapbook Friends. They run such a wonderful event and I was invited for the third time to host their second room. Sixty wonderful ladies joined me for an adventure filled weekend. We played Trashketball and Blindfolded Make Up Artist, and needless to say, hilarity ensued.

In addition the fun and games, I found some time to play along with the MY MIND'S EYE October sketch. It's great dual photo style and some frilly layers really inspired. I chose some favorite Lime Twist to highlight the colours in my new family photos by Angela Smith of Waterloo. Here's where this sketch took me:
I didn't include the second photo as it threw my proportions off a bit but added this large die and mounted it as the title.
I also wanted to make it a bit more masculine so ripped and rolled the edges of my three papers below. The effect of using three differing patterns had more impact for my design than the three matching papers in the MME sample. A cute banner also adds focus to the photo.
But what really caught my interest was the journalling around the outside of the photo. I am not a huge handwritten journaller but this really encourage me to get out my favorite black SMASH pen and add my feelings for Max.

I hope you'll head over and play along with My Mind's Eye, they have a new sketch every month! Until next time, keep doing what you love!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout! Great photo and colours. I love the torn, rolled up edges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the photo and the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page Christa. Love the ripped rolled up edges. Great colors. That photo is priceless! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, do I ever love this layout! Fab paper choices, awesome banner, and I love the journalling around the outside!

    ReplyDelete