Monday, October 15, 2012

Inspiration Elevator #3: What Do You Believe?


You may recall from last month's challenge that the purpose of this challenge group was to take our scrapbooking to the next level, to stretch our creative process and to grow as artists by embracing challenges that make us think, work and grow. We love to have new faces join us on our journey and this month we welcome a new guest designer to join us.  Please join me in welcoming Denise Morrison. Denise's blog is aptly name "Life is Yummy" and so is her art!

This month our challenger was the very talented Ann Jobes. Her challenge to us is as follows:
This month's challenge is a journalling prompt. I realize some of us do not journal much on our pages, and if we're truthful, we mostly scrapbook for ourselves - it gives us joy, a creative outlet, etc. But we do hope that someone is going to page through these albums sometime in the future, right? For this month's challenge, I'd like you to think about some of those values or beliefs that are important to you.

There is no "right way" to do this. Spend some time thinking about this. It's your chance to share with future generations something that is important to you and makes you who you are. Take some time to collect some verses, quotes or sayings that speak to your soul. Choose one that you think is a "life verse" - something that really communicates the essence of you.

Use whatever photo(s) you think will suit your message. Enjoy putting a meaningful page together using your favourite techniques, style, papers - whatever makes it "you".

I know this is going to be difficult. I'm asking you to reverse your process and put the message first when we so often put our message/journalling last, as an afterthought, if at all.

Another great challenge, which of course, was super challenging! I thought about this challenge for a long long time. Not because I don't believe in anything or I couldn't think of a saying or title to represent my belief system, but because there were so MANY! Ann and I chatted about this quite a bit and she and I agreed that we would probably need many many many layouts to cover off the tenants of our belief system.

I chose to with "Find Your Joy". I really believe strongly that choosing to find happiness in every day, in all you do, makes life worth living.


This photo of Adriane shows such a crazy grin. When she was younger, the loved the swings, being outside and she always embraced each and every moment. She was so capable of finding her joy.  The Fancy Pants Hopscotch line worked perfectly to convey such summery joy.

I added my journalling on a hidden tab under the photo.Which helped me get the design as I wanted it.


 I hope you will stop by and see what the designers on this adventure have created:


 We would love to see what you are inspired to create. Add your comment below with a link, I will be sure to drop by and say hello.

Until next time, keep doing what you love to do.
Christa


12 comments:

  1. I love the whimsy of this page - your fonts are terrific and that bright little butterfly on the word Joy is like a little exclamation mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Christa!! So pretty and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love, love, love this! Just pure perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christa this is just so sweet, love your motto / title and your layout is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUCH a cute layout...I love the title, the clouds, the stitching...LOVE it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Christa! The whole layout exudes JOY, including the adorable photo of Adriane! I love the colours you chose and all your little elements - fabulous!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fresh and fun. Love the clouds and the little banner at the top.
    really fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors you chose and your design is so fun! Awesome page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this photo and your layout is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Words to live by:.... "Find Your Joy". I really believe strongly that choosing to find happiness in every day, in all you do, makes life worth living.

    I should practice this more! Love your LO, the colors are so fun and that picture is pricesless Christa. Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So stinkin' cute!! Love the title and your colour bunting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an adorable page!!!! I love your title work and that photo is too cute!!! I love how you were able to use this prompt and a photo of her and make them work together!!

    ReplyDelete