Monday, April 9, 2012

Momenta's Chloe's Garden: Two Different Designs

Being on Momenta's design team allows me the luxury of great product and the chance to share with you my creative process and results! This month I focused on Chloe's Garden and I must confess that I had planned one great layout (my first love when it comes to crafty designs). But have you ever had a line of paper and used every little bit? Well that happened to me with Chole's Garden! I created..and created...

First one design..
Then ANOTHER...
In the end, I couldn't decide which to share and which to hold back..so I thought I'd share both!

My first design features photos of my daughter at the beach. The blues and pinks really high light her suit and that blue Caribbean sea.

After printing my photos, I chose several patterns from the Chloe's Garden Pyramid pack. This paper is TWO sided and TEXTURED! Two things I adore about paper and when I choose to create these are things I take into account. I tore strips from each piece and layered them down the page.

My second design, was inspired by all the star burst patterns I am seeing out in the world. Lots of inspiration in art, scrapbooking and even paper design, feature the star burst pattern. Not sure what I mean? Here's a design I made featuring a photo of my daughter in the very early spring. Here in Ontario, Canada, spring can begin cold..we have a saying: In like a LION out like a LAMB. That spring sure came in like a lion! My daughter's nose is pink and her cheeks are rosy.


I mounted the photo on white and and grey and to let it stand out from the patterned background. I then used some co-ordinating pink and blue to create some accordion flowers for accents. The star burst pattern is created by cutting long triangles of paper in arranging them in a pattern around the page.

Both of these designs and their instructions can be found at My Momenta.

I hope you can see why it was hard for me to choose one of these designs. Do you have a favourite? Let me know which one you like best!

Until then, keep doing what you love to do!
Christa

Momenta Supplies:
Chloe's Garden Pyramid Pad  (PA-2384 )
Chloe's Garden Puffy Message Stickers (ST-4909)
Vibrant Puffy Alpha (ST-2557)
Mini Clear Layered - CHG (ST-4843)

Other Supplies:
Cardstock is Bazzil
Butterfly Punch is Martha Stewart
Twinery Twine
Rose trim is unknown

7 comments:

  1. In cas eyou didn't already know it... your work is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely stunning layouts christa!!!! tfs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome ideas! Just beautiful!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty LO! Love your girl's rosy nose and cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liking the idea how you tore up the papers and put them in layers on your first LO above.

    ReplyDelete
  6. such sweet layouts, love the variations of paper strips. such a cutie pie you have too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely layouts Christa. I really like all that paper tearing. It creates a beautiful effect.

    ReplyDelete