Monday, April 30, 2012

Melancholy Ballerina

Good Morning! I am so excited to be able to play along with the Authentique sketch for April. It was such and original design.
I decided to get out my Gathering line and with it's oranges, aquas and browns..it seemed a perfect fit for this gentle sepia photo of Adriane.


I began by fussy cutting the 'together' paper and laying it out in a diagonal across the design. I then used the other supporting patttersn and cut penants from them. I added a few Authentique words and stitched them in place.


I layered the photo on the 'flourish' paper and rounded the corners. I used some aqua floss and layered a few stitches in random spots then added some flowers in a cluster. The ribbon is attached with two sided tape and pleated.

The journalling speaks about how tired and sad she was at the end of her very first recital, but she braved it all and did her very best. I really believe it is important to scrapbook all facets of life and this was one I wanted her to remember forever.

Thank you Authentique for a great sketch! Looking forward to the next one! Until next time, keep doing what you love!
Christa

5 comments:

  1. Great job with this sketch, beautiful page. I so meant to play along and never got around to it. Grogeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout!! Good choice of papers to go with the photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love this sketch and love your take and the title!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the mixed font title and how the paper really gives that sepia photo a strong impact on the page. Beautiful embellie clusters too! Thanks for always being so inspiring and creative! I've left you a surprise at my blog :)
    http://scrappingactuary.blogspot.ca/2012/05/exciting-news.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you included your fussy cut paper, and I really like the strip journaling, too. The title is actually what caught my eye as I was scrolling to find your Practical Scrappers layout - how could anyone NOT STOP and read about the melancholy ballerina?!

    ReplyDelete