Friday, March 2, 2012

Practical Scrappers Blog Hop is "Linking with Love"

Welcome to the Practical Scrappers "Linking with Love" Blog Hop!  We believe it is important to always give credit when it is due to another crafter.  For this unique hop all of our design team members used the same inspiration piece to create their project.  Each of them will make an example of themselves as to how to properly "Link with Love" and credit the inspiration.  We'll be running the hop thru Noon EST on Sunday - so you have plenty of time to get thru it!

Liz Qualman created this beautiful layout and we have all used it for inspiration.  Each of us will tell what part we took our inspiration from.  The whole hop will culminate at Liz's blog where she'll provide us with a new sketch for inspiration.


Many of the designers are providing prizes at their stop and Practical Scrappers is providing a prize for one person who becomes a follower at each stop (for all the details head over to Practical Scrappers). 
Blog Hop List 
Practical Scrappers
Christine Meyer
Christa Uttley (THIS IS ME!)

Thank you for hopping by! For those of you who know Liz Qualman's sketches you'll know they are both fun to work with and they give you lots of opportunity to be creative. Liz created this wonderful design and I chose elements from it to springboard my own creativity.

 I chose some wonderful new My Mind's Eye paper. I love the wood grain and the orange/aqua palette. I was inspired by Liz's use of butterflies and the three pennant pieces in two locations.  These things create great visual flow across the design and add visual interest.

I also chose to layer the tabs on the upper left under each matted piece rather than place them across the top.


I even added a wooden butterfly that I inked with distress ink and added watercolours. I then added micro beads in orange for lots of texture and a bit of glimmer.

I was also inspired by Liz's use of a tag in the lower left. I wrote a little note to my daughter to let her know how she fills me with wonder every day.




If you are kind enough to leave a comment on my blog and become a follower, I will randomly award a small prize to one lucky hopper.  I thank you for spending your valuable time with me today! Now head off to Audrey's blog to be amazed and inspired!

Until next time, keep doing what you love to do!
Christa

38 comments:

  1. LOOOVVEEE this! Love the way you layered the labels and double matted the picture and the color-scheme - love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning page! I love the pennants and the butterflies and how different they look on your page! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the page!! So pretty!! Scanning through your blog I really am inspired by a lot of your creations!! Happy scrapping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a simple yet pretty layout you have here :)

    cheryl131091 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hopping along today!I am a new follower and LOVE all the elements you have on your layout, GORGEOUS!! TFS and have a GREAT Day,
    Me-Ma Kim
    kimnsammy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous layout! I need to try that colour combo, it looks really great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love matted photos on a page. Beautiful Christa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You used colors I would not have chosen but they work great and I will use them now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Love this and love that everyone is letting the view "play" along as well... tickled to add a new arsenal of inspiration to browse thru when I'm feeling down. Thanks for letting us follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you used the stitching! You are super talented! Happy I found your blog...always looking for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well now this is just stunning! The stitching is so cool

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also love the look of the wood grain. I love your butterfly's too. Your layout came out beautiful. I am a new follower too. Thanks for the inspiration today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great page!! I love the orange/blue color combo of your page :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW - this is beautiful! I am going to pin it (if you don't mind) so I can see it in the future and use for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it! All of the shabby little details really make this layout POP :) Thanks for stopping by my blog...I appreciate the kind words :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome projects. Love those details. Love the trio cards. Time to hop along.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the orange and aqua combination and adore the butterfly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Um. Oh. My. Gosh. You have been doing amazing things with these papers!!! This is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Christa...stunning! I love this and the little splashes of ink are genius!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the butterflies on this! The whole page rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Christa! I love your stuff! I have given you a Liebster Blog award! Please check it out at http://scrapcircus.blogspot.com/2012/03/leibster-award.html and spread the love!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful layout, photograph....everything Christa.

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow, those are some amazing details! good job creating so much texture and intrest in your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh I love these new papers! Your layout is so fresh and pretty! Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your LO is all kinds of wonderful! Wonderful colors, embellishments and papers! I love the whitewashed wood paper the most, but they're all fabulous! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW WOW WOW girl, this is AMAZING i LOVE it , i would say my fave so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey Crista, love the papers you used. The fonts you used are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a gorgeous page - so much wonderful eye candy yet it is not overwhelming at all. I really love what you've done with the tabs too. I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love it Christa - you work so well with that line!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hopping around and I have already been one of your follower! Beautiful LAYOUT!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love love love this!!! The wood looks so real and that butterfly is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is a gorgeous layout! I love the colours, the banners, the journaling, the splatters - everything! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog also! xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous layout! I love the colors you chose and how you just chose simple aspects from the original layout and made them your own! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow, your layout is beautiful. I'm a new follower and I'm so happy I found you!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful Christa! Love the colors and those papers! You sure have been having fun using up that My Minds Eye!

    hugs,
    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  37. Adorable!! I have GOT to get some of that MME paper!

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is an amazing layout. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete