Thursday, January 19, 2012

Trendy Technique with Practical Scrappers!

Good day! Today at Practical Scrappers we are talking about machine sewing on layouts. For those of you who follow me regularly, you know I sew on almost ALL my layouts. I love the rough, messy look and I love the straight edges and zig zags. But for this challenge I wanted to try something new!

About a year ago, I invested in a sewing machine that did lots and lots of different stitches. For this design, I chose a leaf and vine pattern.
I fussy cut Basic Grey's Out of Print flowers and curled their edges with a pencil for added dimension.


I hope you'll stop by and see all the projects at Practical Scrappers. Did you know they have design calls every day? and challenges every week? It's a great place to inspire and be inspired! I'd love to see you there.

Until then, keep doing what you love to do!
Christa

1.
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous Christa!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shut up!! This is FANTASTIC! LOVE EVERYTHING about it!! Seriously!!
    I just have a basic sewing machine, but haven't tried anything beyond the straight or zigzag stitch. I do agree with you--I love stitching on all my layouts too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh this is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh great.....now I need to go and buy a new sewing machine! That is totally amazing. So inspiring. Beautiful photo of you and Max.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! The stitching, the colours, the photo! Very inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is stunning! love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the stitching, it's just too cool!! The flowers are beautiful too and love the grey!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW fantastic stitching. Love the design and the flowers and colours are wonderful.
    I might have to go out and buy a sewing machine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOLY COW! This is an amaZINGGGGGG LO! I love the colors and those flowers--BEAUTIFUL! I also love your stitching! WOWZA! Great job:) LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete