Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cool Things for a Hot Summer Week!

Well we are into the thick of the summer heat here in Ontario, Canada. I can happily justify spending the hot evenings in my cool basement or living room making scrapbook layouts or cruising scrappy blogs for inspiration. CHA is around the corner and almost every manufacturer is getting ready for their Winter/Fall reveals. Some faves are from Glitz Design and of course, Bo Bunny.  I can hardly wait to see that at Two Scrapbook Friends! Do you have a fave release at CHA?

Summer also means summer dance camp at Encore Studios. Our new director Chrystal Mazzota has brought some very cool choreographers in to teach the kids. This week my DD is learning hip hop from the fabulous MsToya Robinson! We are so excited for the fall too and can't wait for our Encore Dance Fundraiser. This week we are offering a sampling of some twine from the Twinery for the first 5 paid registrations. Check this blog post out for more details.

Finally, I am in the thick of my summer class from BPC. I am taking it with Ann and Carla two of my bestest scrappy pals. We are receiving challenges via email from Elizabeth Dillow. The first was to use a familiar object as inspiration for our layout. I used a scrappy magazine cover from Scrapbooks etc.

I created this page by mimicing the tilted focal photo and the three other vertical photos. I also added rub on text to those vertical photos. I also added a small object in the upper left and an image or cluster iin the lower left to represent the barcode. Lots of other little tidbits. Let me know if you think I met the challenge!



The second challenge was to use a photo as the canvas for the layout. To be honest this felt very digi-scrappy and I know it got in the way of me being able to approach this task. I finally chose a photo of me taken this spring my by photographer friend Angela Smith. She is a genius (as I have said before) and it really did provide me with room to play. I didn't use any patterned paper her; only a square punch, a duplicate photo, some old rub-ons from MME and  cardstock from American Crafts. I am ultimately happy with the result but certainly didn't feel I had really CREATED here. HAve you done something like this before? Share your results in a link with me below. I'd love to see them!



Thanks for sharing your scrappy thoughts with me and I look forward to hearing about all your adventures too. Til then, keep doing what you love to do.

Christa

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun summer class Christa! Wonderful layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layouts Christa! Your designs are fabulous and I love what you did with the duplicate photo layout! So cool!!!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. Love that layout and your photo is awesome.

    ReplyDelete